Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Small Voyage Through Time

I still remember the very sight of those sugar coated cumin seeds ( jeeraga mithai : MALAYALAM) would bring immense amount of happiness in a person like me when I was abt 8 yrs old. Well assuming that these so called delicacies where made out of permitted colours (or even otherwise) , we would take no time in devouring them much to the agony of the person who brought it( cause he would be left with nothing but the cover). Anyway today I dont think the children of my age then, would even look for one such thing as jeera mithai. But when my brother brought a packet of that I just lost myself in disbelief whether in the world dominated by Mars, Snickers etc.....my indian cousin made from cumin would survive. But the fact it it did .......though there is not a big difference in taste I guess it was a verification of the new age policy of discard the old and pave way for the new. But ultimately if its new or old whatever to come (diabetes....etc.etc.etc) will.....

No comments: