Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Lesson I Learnt


These 4 lines are perhaps the most commonly found lines from the Bhagvat Gita. Atleast these lines are the ones that an average indian like me would know. They are:

yadha yadha hi dharmasya
glanirva bhavathi bharatha
abyuthanam adharmasya
tadatmanam shrejami aham

Whenever there is decay
of righteousness o! bharatha
and a rise of unrighteousness
then i manifest myself

Now to understand these lines (which even I did lately) one must realise that Shri krishna was absolutely right. Now taking a philosophical account of these lines ( which infact requires one to imbibe the concept of tatvamasi- A word with power of an infinite reservoir, the concept that tells you that we and the universe(god) are one and the same). So, what god meant is when there is a loss of dharma in the world, when adharma triumphs, god will take human form. Hence with the equality of everyone with the Ishvara, it is not that god will take a seperate human form. It is infact the inner consciousness that provokes good (righteousness) that is what is a manifestation of god. So, it is the so called "inner voice" that we refer to colloquially that Lord Krishna was referring to. Now, this is the only way that we can fight the devil within us(the second mind that provokes us to do bad).
So if anyone has seen me do good remember it is the god within me that provoked me to do so and when I do something wrong it is me and i take full responsibility. So signing off with a prayer.

God forgive me for the infinite number of mistakes that I have done, I am doing and I keep repeating. You are the good in me but I fail to realise you many a times cause I am an ordinary human being.

1 comment:

Gouri Nair said...

Beautifully expressed. It fills me with immense joy to see that there are young boys and girls of our generation who understand the relevance of the Bhagavad Gita and have lessons to learn from it.
Prashanth, I see a very humble human being in you through this post. Always maintain that. It will take you to great heights. Keep it up and keep the good work going!! God Bless you..